You will be naturally tempted to interfere with your condition. Unfortunately, in virtually all cases of emergency professional care is required. Taking these few general precautions, however, is well within your reach, and will lessen your risk of dental emergency: Don’t use your teeth to cut things – use scissors. Avoid chewing stuff like ice that can crack your teeth. When doing sports, wear a mouthguard.
When in doubt, answer the following questions:
- Am I in severe pain?
- Was I hit in the mouth or facial area?
- Do I have any loose teeth?
- Am I bleeding from the mouth?
- Do I have any swelling in my facial area?
- Do I have bulges, swelling or knots on my gums?
If you answered positively in one or more of the aforementioned questions, make sure you contact us as soon as possible.